At L.L.Bean, we’ve been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for 100 years. Why? Because our employees love what they do and share a passion for the outdoors – whether they’re working inside or playing outside. Come work in an environment where our values are demonstrated in every interaction with our customers.
We are currently searching for an HVAC Technician I to be based out of our Freeport, ME location. The successful candidate will perfom the basic HVAC maintenance and installation functions including changing air filters, belts, lubrication, cleaning boilers, etc. Requires intermediate working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
Performs basic HVAC maintenance and installation functions including changing air filters, belts, lubrication, cleaning boilers, etc. Requires intermediate working knowledge of mechanical and electrical systems.
- Performs preventative maintenance on assigned HVAC equipment. Adjusts maintenance routines, procedures, and
supplies necessary to maintain equipment at optimal operating efficiency.
- Assists in the adjustment, calibration, and testing of HVAC equipment.
- Responds to selected service calls in a timely manner.
- Knows and follows safety procedure and guidelines. Attends all necessary OSHA safety training classes. Reports
any unsafe acts or conditions to the appropriate person.
- Assures appropriate communication of issues and problems to co-workers and leadership. Collaborates with team
as needed to achieve objectives.
- Up-to-date knowledge of national electric, life safety, and OSHA codes, ensuring conformity with their requirements.
- Participates in on-call rotation as required.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean Comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Take immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- HVAC field experience
- Good mechanical and electrical aptitude.
- Familiar with the safe use of basic hand an power tools.
- Lifting, standing, dexterity, repetitive motion,etc.
- Frequent ladder climbing.
- Lifts up to approx. 50 lbs.
- Stands up to 6 hrs. per day.
- Valid Maine drivers license.
Education Level: H.S. or equivalent Experience Level:1 to 2 years
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 on Forbes 2016 Best Employers List, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS