Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business on a passion for the outdoors, a profound belief in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Those core values, coupled with a genuine excitement for the work we do, are why L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years!
L.L. Bean is currently recruiting for a Sr. Software Engineer to join our Customer Technologies team based in Freeport, ME. This person will build low to moderate complexity computer application solutions to meet business informational needs and requirements. The Sr. Software Engineer designs, develops, tests, debugs and documents applications based on technical configurations and specifications. This resource will support and troubleshoot existing applications as well as evaluate and analyze business requirements for new applications and application changes.
· Emphasis on design. Higher-level analytical skills in taking business requirements and creating solutions.
· Works independently and collaboratively with team; provides regular updates to leader.
· Prepares high level designs
· Prepares detailed specifications from which software packages are configured integrations are made and/or programs are written.
· Implements technical solutions by either configuring software packages or code development.
· Designs and creates solutions taking performance into consideration.
· Responsible for partnering with vendors on the development configuration and integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages and custom code.
· Participates in the selection implementation configuration and integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages.
· Work with business area customers and vendors to identify business requirements test strategies and test execution.
· Develops integration requirements and partners with the integration developer to implement.
· Responsible for the development and execution of testing and implementation plans. Can perform unit system integration and user acceptance testing. Document results.
· Applies formal methodologies when designing and developing / configuring solutions.
· Participates in project planning and development or assumes responsibility for a project of limited scope including guidance of others.
· Provides options for and estimates of possible solutions.
· May be responsible for the completion of a phase of a project or small projects depending on complexity.
· Estimates and tracks time required to complete work for project budgeting and financial tracking.
· Stays current on Industry trends and Software roadmaps.
· Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced team members.
· Conducts and participates in reviews of solution designs configurations and code.
· Partners with technical and business team members to maintain system documentation knowledge base and frequently asked questions.
· May act as primary liaison to software vendors for managing vendor problem tickets.
· Partners with the business on effective end user adoption and use of system / function.
· May review training strategy materials and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Partners with technical partners to ensure Service Levels are met.
· Responsible for 24x7 research and resolution of production system problems.
· Provides technical expertise for project and baseline support teams
· On call – provides day time and after hours on call support.
· Adheres to security standards in support of PCI compliance.
· Adheres to development standards and provides development standards recommendations.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5-7 years
Each year Forbes Magazine compiles a list of U.S. companies that are the best at making employees feel happy and inspired. For the third year in a row, L.L.Bean made Forbes’ coveted list, the highest ranked in the clothing, shoes and sports equipment retailer category. These awards were achieved in part due to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees. Below is a partial list of what is offered to those who join L.L.Bean:
For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the benefits section.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS