L.L.Bean in Tysons Corner Center in McLean, VA is now hiring for a Department Manager!
We are looking for a Department Manager who will be responsible for driving business results, developing talent and ensuring delivery of the legendary L.L.Bean customer experience. The successful candidate will communicate and drive Retail strategic initiatives as well as be accountable for profit and loss performance. They will promote the company's core values of Outdoors Heritage, Integrity, Service, Respect, Perseverance and Safe and Healthy Living to ensure the integrity of the brand, culture and mission of L.L.Bean is upheld at all times.
L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about Retail Stores as we are about the outdoors.
- Delivers legendary world-class customer service and ensures staff does the same
- Ensures department(s) provide an excellent brand experience for customers following suggested visual merchandising plans
- Drives and communicates consistent priorities regarding visual merchandising
- Ensures merchandise plans are implemented and seasonal floor set directives are executed accurately and on time.
- Ensures timely and accurate execution of store marketing directives including promotion and pricing needs
- Plans and executes Floorsets on a timely basis
- Working with the Store Manager and Assistant Store manager contributes to the recruitment and hiring of employees for areas of coverage
- Addresses employee issues/conflicts and provide input feedback and coaching
- Trains and develops employees recognizing achievements
- Actively drives and promotes the Learn Try Buy and Enjoy experience
- Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedures
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Min Years of Experience: 3
Max Years of Experience: 5
Skills and Qualifications:
- Associate's degree or equivalent with at least 3+ years of retail experience in relevant traffic and volume Retailer ($6.5-8M).
- Strong visual merchandising acumen and experience visually merchandising departments
- Strong business acumen with the ability to achieve sales and service goals
- Capability to build strong partnerships and to work collaboratively to achieve goals
- Proven leadership skills with the ability to develop and motivate employees
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm motivation and a positive attitude
- Established time management and organization skills
- Demonstrated interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights weekends and holidays
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 in 2017 on Forbes Best Employers List for America’s Best Mid-Size Employers, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
For more details please visit our website at www.llbeancareers.com and refer to the benefits section.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS