For over 100 years, L.L.Bean has been making great products and helping generations of people enjoy the outdoors. Like our founder always said, being outside brings out the best in us. The outdoors is a common thread among our employees, and there has never been a better time to join our team in one of our 51 Retail Stores in 20 States, at our Corporate Headquarters in Freeport, one of our Customer Support Call Centers, Distribution Warehouses, or in our Manufacturing Facility.
We are currently searching for a Senior Manager of Customer Insights and Targeting to join our Customer Insights and Planning team in Freeport, Maine. This important role will serve to connect deep understanding of consumer needs and motivations with L.L.Bean’s approach to customer acquisition, retention and overall file health. Key responsibilities include overseeing all primary and secondary market research activity in the company, communicating results and recommendations for action to senior management and others. This role is the leading voice and source of insights in topics related to brand management, consumer behavior, customer satisfaction, Voice of Customer, and key strategic projects. This role is responsible for overall customer strategy, overseeing development of strategies for targeting customers, using qualitative and quantitative methods,and looking at customer mindset and customer purchase behavior trends.
• Works with senior management to identify and prioritize key information needs. Suggests research approaches to meet those needs. Especially advocates research to address top strategic initiatives to identify new strategic initiatives or to improve the quality of senior management decisions.
• Develops an annual research plan based on key information needs. Maintains a long-range research plan and updates annually.
• Oversees the execution of market research efforts including methodology design sample composition analysis of results and delivery of key findings and recommendation.
• Works with Manager of Customer Insights and Manager of Customer Targeting to support department managers answering key questions about their business. Determines when customer research is an appropriate approach to acquire that information.
• Oversees the development of customer targeting strategies leveraging deep customer/consumer understanding through Insights to make these strategies successful.
• Oversees the customer mindset calendar in support of Commercial Planning processes.
• Responsible for understanding ongoing customer file dynamics with respect to buyer segments and psycho-graphic segments.
• Oversees the development of custom audiences that support targeting through L.L.Bean’s various marketing programs.
• Maintains relationships with existing vendors and potential vendors. Evaluates and selects vendors for research and targeting activities. Initiates and coordinates bidding process as necessary.
• Oversees the delivery of customer and audience insights within the business. Advocates for the work of insights and targeting generally.
• Provides or supervises oral and written presentations of results and recommendations to senior management and others.
• Manages the Customer Insights and Targeting direct reports team:
Health and Safety Requirement
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
4-Year Bachelors Degree
Graduate Degree preferred
Skills and Qualifications
• Strong analytical skills
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strong attention to detail and proven ability to be accurate
• Ability to adapt to change quickly
• Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet key deadlines
• Strong customer service focus
• Experienced in field of market research/customer insights
• Experience in professional services especially management consulting
• Proven ability to direct and develop professional staff
Each year Forbes Magazine compiles a list of U.S. companies that are the best at making employees feel happy and inspired. For the third year in a row, L.L.Bean made Forbes’ coveted list, the highest ranked in the clothing, shoes and sports equipment retailer category. These awards were achieved in part due to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees. Below is a partial list of what is offered to those who join L.L.Bean:
An excellent total compensation package
401(k) retirement savings plan with generous matching funds
Comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans for employees, spouses and domestic partners, including dependents up to the age of 26
Pre-tax flexible spending accounts for qualified health care and dependent care costs.
Life and disability insurance for employees, spouses and domestic partners
Flexible PTO earned to cover vacation, personal and holiday hours
Ability to purchase additional PTO
Tuition reimbursement program
Outdoor experience days for qualified positions
Discounts on Outdoor Discovery School adventures
Generous discounts on L.L.Bean merchandise (25-40%)
Access to L.L.Bean Fitness facilities and health and wellness activity classes
Shop at the Employee Store and utilize the equipment loan program at the Employee Use Room
Access to L.L.Bean cabins and tent sites at Rangeley Lake through internal quarterly lottery
Benefit eligibility varies according to employment status, level and location. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the benefits section.
Software Powered by iCIMS