Exciting career opportunities and a great company to work for! L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about technology as we are about the outdoors. While we let tradition guide us, we are on the cutting edge of leveraging new technologies to drive performance.
L.L.Bean is currently recruiting for a Google Cloud Developer to join our Customer Technologies team based in Freeport, ME. In the immediate term, this hire will provide development support to complete complex development on our Front-End Systems. Longer term, this hire will provide development support for subsequent front-end work to modernize L.L.Bean's front-end systems using micro-service cloud development technologies. This person will build low to moderate complexity computer application solutions to meet business informational needs and requirements. The Google Cloud Developer designs, develops, tests, debugs and documents applications based on technical configurations and specifications. This resource will support and troubleshoot existing applications as well as evaluate and analyze business requirements for new applications and application changes.
· Emphasis on design. Higher-level analytical skills in taking business requirements and creating solutions.
· Works independently and collaboratively with team; provides regular updates to leader.
· Prepares high level designs
· Prepares detailed specifications from which software packages are configured and integrations are made and/or programs are written.
· Implements technical solutions by either configuring software packages or code development.
· Designs and creates solutions taking performance into consideration.
· Responsible for partnering with vendors on the development configuration and integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages and custom code.
· Participates in the selection, implementation, configuration and integration of Commercial off the Shelf (COTS) software packages.
· Work with business area customers and vendors to identify business requirements test strategies and test execution.
· Develops integration requirements and partners with the integration developer to implement.
· Responsible for the development and execution of testing and implementation plans. Can perform unit system integration and user acceptance testing. Document results.
· Applies formal methodologies when designing and developing / configuring solutions.
· Participates in project planning and development or assumes responsibility for a project of limited scope including guidance of others.
· Provides options for and estimates of possible solutions.
· May be responsible for the completion of a phase of a project or small projects depending on complexity.
· Estimates and tracks time required to complete work for project budgeting and financial tracking.
· Stays current on Industry trends and Software roadmaps.
· Regularly provides guidance and training to less experienced team members.
· Conducts and participates in reviews of solution designs configurations and code.
· Partners with technical and business team members to maintain system documentation knowledge base and frequently asked questions.
· May act as primary liaison to software vendors for managing vendor problem tickets.
· Partners with the business on effective end user adoption and use of system / function.
· May review training strategy materials and Standard Operating Procedures.
· Partners with technical partners to ensure Service Levels are met.
· Responsible for 24x7 research and resolution of production system problems.
· Provides technical expertise for project and baseline support teams
· On call – provides day time and after hours on call support.
· Adheres to security standards in support of PCI compliance.
· Adheres to development standards and provides development standards recommendations.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: Bachelors Degree
Experience: 5-7 years
L.L.Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the “benefits” section.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
Following are some of the unique benefits we offer our employees:
Software Powered by iCIMS