The central contact in the store who represents Outdoor Discovery Programs marketing and charitable giving with a primary goal of generating awareness and excitement around the store’s activities. Helps to execute ODS unpaid programming and supports experiential events in market. Builds awareness for L.L.Bean store through social media communication with the press community outreach and local marketing. Responsibilities include but are not limited to: planning all aspects of unpaid programming overseeing all local marketing efforts and acting as a leader in the store as directed. The Outreach Lead works in the retail store reporting directly to the Store Manager while maintaining dotted line reporting to the ODS Field Operations Manager for Outreach and ODP responsibilities.
- Responsible for driving traffic to retail stores and events through Social Media platforms such as: Facebook Twitter Meetup
- Create engaging appropriate on-brand posts that are shared widely
- Respond to and engage with customers appropriately on social media
- Builds awareness of store unpaid programs and L.L.Bean events through earned media and press
- Drives participation for unpaid programming and any experiential events in market through creative outreach and local marketing efforts
- Supports experiential events with staffing and on-the-ground support and oversight for activities
• ODS Participation and Operations:
- Drives ODS Unpaid programming and outreach efforts by coaching front-line employees to promote and sell programming and providing ongoing training and support. Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual participation goals.
- Responsible for promoting all programming using current social media tools such as Twitter Facebook and Meetup.
- Responsible for setting and maintaining the in-store ODS Activity Calendar Board following SOP and maintaining calendar handouts as directed by FOM.
- Responsible for ensuring all data is accurate and current in PERS for unpaid programming sponsored by store and for tracking participation weekly as directed and for inputting paper waivers into the ASC in a timely manner.
- Responsible for all aspects of unpaid programming; including marketing scheduling and delivery of clinics outings speakers and community service following all relevant SOPs for execution marketing and tracking of events participation and expenses.
- Partners with the ODS Field Operations Manager to develop new unpaid program proposals reacting to industry trends and customer demand.
- Maintains orders and purchases LTBE supplies such as forms marketing collateral and supplies.
- Ensures Outing Instructors are completing required paperwork accurately and completely.
- Responsible for ensuring that ODS use of public sites does not impede public access at any time.
• Outing Instructors:
- Oversees the instructors for Outings.
- Assists the ODS Field Operations Manager with recruiting hiring training and annual review of Outing leaders.
- In partnership with the ODS Field Operations Manager provides regular and timely coaching and feedback to outing instructors.
- Expected to step in to Outing Instructor role if budget or staffing needs dictate.
• Customer Experience:
- Models and delivers world-class customer service as an L.L.Bean brand ambassador.
- Resolves service failures partnering with the ODS Field Operations Manager and store manager as necessary to ensure a positive customer experience.
- Maintains professional presence and relations with instructors outside agencies partner organizations and local neighbors.
• Safety and Risk Management:
- Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Safety Policies and ensures that all Outing Instructors do as well.
- Ensures that all work is completed in a way that promotes safety and manages risk for self instructors participants customers and the public.
- Completes ODS self-audits for unpaid programming following SOP.
- Communicates any safety or risk management concerns to the ODS Field Operations Manager in a prompt and timely manner.
• Retail Store Responsibilities:
- Delivers legendary world-class customer service in the retail store.
- Coordinates work processes assigns work to front-line employees within assigned area and recommends staffing levels.
- In partnership with store managers addresses employee issues/conflicts and provides input feedback and coaching to front-line employees.
- Assists with interview and hiring process.
- Assumes Leader on Duty responsibilities including driving sales and service and deploying staff and resources as required.
- Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Requirement
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Skills and Qualifications
• Associate’s degree or equivalent.
• At least two years of relevant outdoor education experience and/or marketing experience
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights weekends and holidays.
• Retail Marketing and operational experience
• Strong knowledge of and comfort with social media platforms.
• Demonstrated customer service experience in a retail store environment.
• Strong technical skills with ODS activities
• Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm motivation and positive attitude.
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
• Demonstrated successful working relationships with peers and other management staff.
• Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
• Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Excel Word PowerPoint).
• Experienced in providing coaching and feedback.
• Can prioritize many tasks and works calmly under pressure.
• Takes initiative.
• Expertise in active gear including archery biking camping fishing kayaking stand-up paddleboarding snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
• Works as a team player with ODS and Brand Engagement home office and local store staff.
• Certified in Basic First Aid or above and CPR.
L.Bean offers competitive wages, additional pay if working on a holiday, access to 401(k) program, as well as a significant (20-33.3%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer