Pay is $11.54/hr. Our Temporary Home Agents take incoming customer calls – they place orders and answer questions with a smile and with an unwavering intent to delight our customers!
Home Agent (paid) Training is in Bangor, Maine in Oct. or Nov. See Perks and Requirements below.
Perks – Temporary employees can
- Shop on line or in a full priced Retail Store and take 33.3% off most L.L.Bean merchandise and Outdoor Discovery School adventures
- Participate in a 401K retirement program
- Access the L.L.Bean Employee Store 6 days a week
- Borrow gear/equipment from the Employee Use Room
- Be an outsider with the L.L.Bean Outdoor Club
- Pick up and give away shifts
Requirements - HOME AGENT REMOTE WORKSITES MUST BE 35 MILES OR FURTHER FROM AN L.L.BEAN CALL CENTER AND BE LOCATED IN MAINE OR NEW HAMPSHIRE.
- NORTHPORT L.L.BEAN CALL CENTER = PORTLAND, MAINE 04103
- PECK L.L.BEAN CALL CENTER = LEWISTON, MAINE 04240
TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, YOU MUST ATTACH ONE PHOTO OF YOUR PROPOSED WORK AREA TO YOUR PROFILE.
- Sign in or Create a profile
- Go to your Dashboard
- Click Update your profile
- Attach your photo in the Cover Letter/Additional Document section
You can only upload a file of the following file type(s): doc,docx,dot,dotx,htm,html,odp,ods,odt,pdf,ppt,pptx,rar,rtf,tif,tiff,txt,wpd,wri,xls,xlsx,xlt,xltx,zip
The successful candidate working from home will have:
- Advanced skill and comfort with computer systems and technology
- Ability and comfort working independently and virtually
- A computer and Internet Service that meets all 11 system requirements listed below -
NOTE: there are no exceptions
Operating System: Windows 7 or above, 4 GB of RAM minimum, 8 GB preferred Full size keyboard with number pad (a separate keyboard and mouse if using a laptop)Power strip surge protectorExternal speakers or internal speakers with earbudsWebcamBroadband Internet Service and Modem/RouterInternet service level above 'lite'
- A Personal Computer with at least a 17” Monitor (most home agents prefer 24”)
PC must be within 10 feet from your Modem/RouterModem/Router must have an available port for the phone connectionExisting Phone line (Cell phone or existing land line in the event of an emergency)
- Download speed of 8 Mbps and Upload speed of 1 Mbps
- Satellite service is not allowed
- A workspace that meets these requirements:
- Customers should have a superior service experience when calling us – household noises such as dogs barking; clocks chiming, etc. can have a negative impact and must be avoided.
- The Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards require customer information not be viewed or overheard by third parties. For this reason, we have strict security standards that require a separate workspace.
- A desk and chair that allows the Home Agent to work safely and comfortably (incorporate good ergonomics)
- A separate workspace that is quiet and free from noise and distraction because:
- Phone (VoIP)
- Headset, power brick, and cables
- 'Windows to Go' on a data traveler stick (thumb drive) – plug in access to L.L.Bean systems
Temporary Home Agent Documents are below. Please review these attachments for more details about the L.L.Bean Home Agent Program requirements.
Home Agent Chair Guidelines
Temporary Home Agent Agreement
Temporary Home Agent Safety Checklist
Temporary Home Agent Overview 2018
All L.L.Bean Call Center and Home Agent Reps must demonstrate the L.L.Bean values of service, perseverance. respect, integrity, a love of the outdoors, healthy living, and have a customer service orientation.
The successful candidate must also possess an ability to learn new systems quickly, and be motivated to help L.L.Bean maintain our stellar Brand reputation.
Health and Safety Requirements
Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions, or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner.
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer. We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
L.L.Bean promotes a tobacco free work environment, a culture of safety, and believes in healthy lifestyle choices. We encourage healthy lifestyles for all employees through education and a variety of health promoting activities.
Click the Apply Now button to begin your application.