Mechanic - Bike, Boat and Ski
Part Time - Year Round
L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors, a profound belief in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business, the principles of innovation, integrity, service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
L.L.Bean has something for anyone who wants to build a successful career. Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about Retail Stores as we are about the outdoors.
Position Purpose: Assembles and prepares bikes for sale. Mounts and waxes skis. Performs a variety of service functions on new and used bikes and skis. Through direct contact with customers provides exceptional service and shares product and technical expertise to enhance the customer experience.
Responsibilities: - Applies shop standards in the assembly and repair of bikes and skis across the full product line.
- Evaluates mechanical condition of product and estimate cost of repairs.
- Realizes or exceeds shop production standards.
- Completes paperwork accurately and fully (records parts used work performed detail of torque tolerance and standard
procedures; completes pricing of job ticket) and processes to next status or location.
- Records and reports any deficiencies not addressed by the repair work being done to the customer and /or the appropriate
- Assists customer in the sale or repair process by sharing product and technical knowledge as appropriate.
- Seeks assistance from the lead bike/ski shop mechanic when problems outside the scope of expertise arise. Relates
obstacles to timely and satisfactory completion of repair or service to the lead bike/ski shop mechanic.
- Reports or records replacement parts inventory and supply shortages to the lead bike/ski shop mechanic.
- Maintains shop cleanliness including bench and common workspace.
- Operates cash register as necessary.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: Vocational/Technical Degree
Min Years of Experience: 2
Max Years of Experience: 3
Skills and Qualifications: - Demonstrated excellent mechanical skills; proven experience in the assembly and repair of bikes and skis required
- Aptitude for problem solving and creative thought
- Understanding of how the various components of bikes and skis work
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Agent of change ability to positively manage through change
- Ability to focus and manage to long-term goals
- Readiness to seek outside help when faced with problems outside scope of experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to operate a cash register
-Demonstrated excellent mechanical skills; proven experience in the assembly and repair of bikes and skis required
-Aptitude for problem solving and creative thought
-Understanding of how the various components of bikes and skis work
-Excellent time management and organizational skills
-Agent of change, ability to positively manage through change
-Ability to focus and manage to long term goals
-Readiness to seek outside help when faced with problems outside scope of experience
-Excellent communication skills
-Ability to operate a cash register
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
Software Powered by iCIMS