L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors a profound believe in honesty and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business the principles of innovation integrity service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
Position Purpose: Helps to execute ODS paid and unpaid programming and Equipment department merchandising(regional). Responsibilities include but are not limited to: pre/post season site setup equipment management supply management training coaching and feedback daily management of staffing levels to meet customer demand regular and frequent communication with the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor and overall ensuring that customers have a world-class experience. Regional only: planning all aspects of unpaid programming and overseeing merchandising and presentation in the Equipment department. The ODS Program Coordinator works at the ODS site reporting directly or indirectly to the ODS Program Supervisor or Field Operations Manager.
Responsibilities: Instructors or Outing Leaders:
· Oversees the ODS Instructor Team(s) at ODS designated sites.
· Assists the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor with recruiting hiring training and annual review of instructors.
· In partnership with the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor provide regular and timely coaching and feedback to instructors.
· Completes Instructor Observation Form following SOP.
· Daily management of instructor schedule to meet instructor to participant ratios and fill shifts.
· Expected to step into Instructor role if staffing needs dictate. Meets all Job requirements of ODS Instructor.
· Completes the pre and post-season equipment inventory and ensures all equipment is labeled following SOP.
· Oversees the day-to-day management and operation of the ODS site.
· Maintains orders and purchases in-season ODS and LTBE supplies such as forms marketing collateral and tour supplies.
· Promptly takes out of service and reports any damaged or unsafe equipment to the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor.
· Ensures that Instructors maintain store and secure all equipment and supplies and promptly report anything damaged missing or needing replenishment.
· Ensures Instructors are completing required paperwork accurately and completely.
· Responsible for ensuring that ODS use of public sites does not impede public access at any time.
Safety and Risk Management:
· Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Safety Policies and Protocols and ensures that all Instructors at their site do as well. Ensures instructors understand and implement the Emergency action Plan when needed.
· Ensures that all work is completed in a way that promotes safety and manages risk for self instructors participants and public.
· Completes ODS self-audits following SOP participates in audits.
· Communicates any safety or risk management concerns to the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor in a prompt and timely manner.
· Models and delivers world-class customer service as an L.L.Bean brand ambassador.
· Resolves ODS service failures partnering with the ODS Reservation Specialists Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor as necessary to ensure a positive customer experience.
· Maintains professional presence and relations with instructors outside agencies partner organizations and local neighbors.
· Ensures the instructors deliver a world-class outdoor instructional experience consistent with ODS curriculum and policies.
ODS Revenue and Participation:
· Responsible for meeting or exceeding annual participation revenue and expense goals and managing expenses to revenue.
· Responsible for ensuring all data is accurate and current in PERS for all paid and unpaid programming at site.
· Responsible for tracking all ODS expenses and using ODS departmental tracking tools and reporting.
· Reviews and reacts to daily enrollment reports by adding or cancelling courses and instructors.
· Partners with the ODS Field Operations Manager or Program Supervisor to develop new program proposals reacting to industry trends and customer demand.
Retail Store Responsibilities (Regional Only):
· Delivers legendary world-class customer service in the retail store. (When in/on the sales floor)
· Responsible for all aspects of unpaid programming; including marketing scheduling and delivery of clinics outings speakers community service and sporting weekends.
· Responsible for setting and maintaining the in-store ODS Activity Calendar Board following SOP.
· Responsible for providing in-store product training for all staff in the equipment department. (November to Feb; And up to and before all spring promotional weekends)
· Works in partnership with Department Manager of Brand to plan merchandise and present the equipment department following all floorset directives and presentation standards. (Nov to Feb)
· Oversees daily replenishment of the equipment department. (Nov – Feb)
· Coordinates work processes assigns work to front-line employees within assigned area and recommends staffing levels. (Nov – Feb)
· Drives ODS programming (paid and unpaid) by coaching front-line employees to promote and sell programming and providing ongoing training and support.
· In partnership with store managers addresses employee issues/conflicts and provides input feedback and coaching to front-line employees.
· Assists with interview and hiring process.
· Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedure
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Skills and Qualifications: - Associate’s degree or equivalent.
- At least two years of relevant outdoor education experience.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights weekends and holidays.
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a retail store environment.
- Strong technical skills with ODS activities and working knowledge specific to local market.
- Successful completion of all skills assessments for activities offered at location.
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm motivation and positive attitude.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated successful working relationships with peers and other management staff.
- Able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook Excel Word PowerPoint).
- Experienced in providing coaching and feedback.
- Can prioritize many tasks and works calmly under pressure.
- Takes own initiative working independently in a leadership role.
- Expertise in active gear including archery biking camping fishing kayaking stand-up paddleboarding snowshoeing and cross-country skiing.
- Works as a team player with ODS home office instructors and local store staff.
- Certified in Basic First Aid or above and CPR.
- Additional certifications and specialized training in outdoor-related activities desired
L.L.Bean offers competitive wages additional pay if working on a holiday access to 401(k) program as well as a significant (20-33.3%) employee discount. For more details please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer
Software Powered by iCIMS