Assists store management in promoting sales and providing world-class customer service to support business and department goals. Assigns tasks/jobs to front-line employees. Coordinates work processes and staffing to maximize efficiency and performance. Primary focus is on back-of-house operational activities related to the point of service/sale areas of the store, including cash operations and reconciliation.
Serves as a positive role model for others in driving and maintaining high standards in assigned area while ensuring integrity of the brand:
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- May support and train associates, communicating standards and processes, company policies and procedures
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- May address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in
accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- May provide in-the-moment input, feedback and coaching. If performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for
performance management process.
- Contributes to Peak planning.
Oversees cash activities under direction of store management:
- Performs cash pulls; drawer assignments, preparation of deposits, reconciliation of cash variances; reports and resolves
issues of cash variances.
- Signs off on returns, employee purchases, price overrides and post-voids.
- Protects company assets and reports concerns.
- Oversees maintenance of cash wrap area.
Oversees sales activities in assigned area under direction of store management:
- Provides direct service and sales assistance to customers and serves as role model for demonstrating customer service
practices consistent with retail goals.
- Observes salesmanship performance and provides coaching for improvement as needed.
- Assumes delegated responsibility for operation of assigned area in absence of other leadership.
- Supports Lead - Sales by staffing front-line reps to meet business needs.
- Liaisons with Client Support to resolve POS issues and systems problems.
Maintains a business awareness of merchandising activities in assigned area:
- Monitors the maintaining of merchandise presentation in keeping with the L.L.Bean image and direction, through use of
floor displays, appropriate signage and daily maintenance; provides feedback to Lead - Sales or supervisor.
- Provides input to supervisor to ensure stock levels meet business demand.
- Assists in keeping minimum levels of stock and inventory, reporting inventory discrepancies as necessary.
- Ensures safety, security and cleanliness of sales floor and support areas.
Leads & executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies & procedures.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures, reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership, and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors, evaluate risk, and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
High School or GED
Min Years of Experience: 1
Max Years of Experience: 2
Skills and Qualifications:
- Systems knowledge/experience
- Prior relevant retail experience
- Strong customer service skills and experience, with focus on customer retention, sales & service
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to productively manage several work efforts at once
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching & feedback in a supportive manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Must be able to handle currency with accuracy and an attention to detail
Software Powered by iCIMS