L.L.Bean is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Maintenance Technician III for our Order Fulfillment Center in Freeport, ME. This position is an off shift position with hours predominately 230PM until 11PM. We currently cover seven days a week, this requires shifts that are Sunday through Thursday for half of the crew and Tuesday through Saturday for the other half. The majority of work is mechanical in nature but the successful candidate needs to have a strong electronic aptitude.
Performs all electrical/mechanical repair and preventive maintenance functions on a variety of building equipment. Responsible for complex electromechanical repairs and preventive maintenance functions. Works independently in several business areas with broad equipment and process knowledge.
- Identifies and repairs major electromechanical problems in complex building mechanical equipment, material handling equipment, mobile equipment, and other support equipment.
- Responsible for design, layout and installations of new or additional systems according to work order instructions as
- Responsible for leading and overseeing projects as assigned.
- Assists in the training and developing skills of the other technicians.
- Performs preventive maintenance functions on a variety of equipment as scheduled. (including all mobile equipment and
- May perform other maintenance functions as skills and workload allows. (wood and metal fabrication)
- Provides input to the development of new equipment purchases as necessary.
- Assures appropriate communication of issues and problems to co-workers and leadership.
- Collaborates with team as needed to achieve objectives. Shares expertise in support of others to build technical and diagnostic strength in the team.
- Knows and follows all safety rules and procedures. Reports any and all unsafe acts or conditions.
- Employees working in this position, to support peak, will be expected and must be available to work fluctuating schedules which may exceed forty hours per week according to business demands.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Associates degree or higher in electronics is preferred.
- Performs all functions of Mechanical Maintenance Technician I and Technician II.
- Valid driver's license.
- Broad knowledge of facilities equipment and processes.
- Strong communication skills to work with business customers and maintain vendor relationships as assigned.
- Normal mental and visual attention required, along with manual coordination, driving of company vehicles and powered industrial trucks.
- Ability to supply written documentation of daily activities, preventive maintenance and repairs.
- Strong electromechanical aptitude with the ability to apply these skills to all material handling and mobile equipment. Ability to complete a variety tasks independently, appropriately prioritizing workload and applying technical knowledge to make broad decisions as required.
L.L. Bean offers a competitive salary and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), and a significant (25-40%) discount. For more details, please visit our website at llbeancareers.com and refer to the “benefits” section.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
Over the past few years L.L.Bean has received numerous accolades including being named #1 on Forbes 2016 Best Employers List, thanks to the corporate culture and unique benefits we offer our employees:
Software Powered by iCIMS