On Call Tractor Trailer drivers are needed at L. L. Bean. On Call drivers should be expected to be available either for 1st shift hours or 2nd shift hours, all weekends and Holidays.
On Call employees are called upon as needed to work extremely limited hours (less than 500 hours per year, with some hours every 90 days) on short notice.
Employment is contingent upon passing a pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Operates tractor trailer truck in accordance with established safety procedures. Drives tractor trailer truck combination to transport and deliver goods to and from designated locations to include all L.L. Bean warehouse facilities as well as vendors, Retail and Outlet Stores in Maine and New Hampshire. Performs deliveries, pick ups, loading and unloading of trailers.
- Operates tractor trailer truck in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Drives tractor-trailer truck between company warehouse locations, taking responsibility for security of goods in transit and ensuring that trailer is properly sealed.
- Performs pre and post trip inspections of vehicles and trailers. Checks operating condition of truck daily; maintains clean and orderly condition to comply with state regulations and company rules.
- Attends semi-annual safety update training courses.
- Identifies and assesses any potential hazardous working conditions including, but not limited to, weather conditions and traffic congestion.
- Utilizes defensive driving techniques at all times.
- Assesses and communicates delivery and pick up priorities to affected locations and Trucking Coordinator.
- Maintains logs and records according to regulations as required.
- Performs deliveries, pick ups, loading and unloading of trailers.
- Submits to random drug and alcohol testing per DOT regulations.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean Comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Take immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
• Must have a CDL Class "A" license and at least 3 years of experience.
• Three years Class A driving experience preferred.
• Must have a clean driving record.
• Must have the ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
• Must have skills for dealing with both internal and external customers.
Much has changed since our start in 1912, but the important things remain the same. The values that the company's founder, L.L. Bean (Leon Leonwood Bean) was raised to believe in were simple and deeply ingrained. Nature is something to be revered. Family ties are a priority. Being neighborly is a matter of course. And "do unto others" is not just a saying but a way of life. When L.L. launched his company, he believed so strongly in the Golden Rule that he made it the foundation of his business.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer
Software Powered by iCIMS