L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for over 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors, a profound believe in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business, the principles of innovation, integrity, service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
As Lead in our L.L.Bean Retail Store in South Windsor CT, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. Satisfy your craving for problem solving in an active, busy job in a great work environment. You'll have the opportunity to use your ability to improve processes and organize to create efficient merchandise receiving and replenishment processes. Develop your leadership skills as you assist the area supervisor in creating a positive, engaged and focused work environment.
Provides world-class customer service to support business and department goals. Coordinates work processes and recommends staffing levels to maximize efficiency and performance. Assigns tasks/jobs to front-line employees.
Assists store management in promoting daily sales and customer service. Primary focus is on sales floor and front end of store.
Delivers merchandising results in assigned area (apparel or footwear) under direction of the Assistant Store Manager.
Helps to execute Outdoor Discovery Schools (ODS) paid and unpaid programming and Equipment department merchandising. Responsibilities include: pre/post-season site setup equipment management supply management coaching and feedback daily management of staffing levels to meet customer demand ensuring that customers have a world-class experience planning all aspects of unpaid programming and overseeing merchandising and presentation in the Equipment department.
- Delivers legendary world-class customer service
- Coordinates work processes assigns work to front line employees within assigned area and
recommends staffing levels
- Provides ongoing training and support to front-line employees
- In partnership with store managers addresses employee issues/conflicts and provides input feedback and coaching
to front-line employees
- Assists with interview and hiring processes
- Assumes Leader on Duty responsibilities in absence of store leaders
- Promotes the Learn Try Buy and Enjoy experience
- Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedure
- Drives store sales while achieving service results
- Delivers merchandising results in assigned area (apparel or footwear)
- Executes store specific merchandising price change and promotional events and seasonal floorset directives
Instructors and Outing Leaders:
· Oversees the ODS instructor team at an ODS site.
· Assists the ODS Field Operations Manager with recruiting hiring training and annual review of instructors.
· Completes the pre and post-season equipment inventory and ensures all equipment is labeled following SOP.
· Oversees the day-to-day management and operation of the ODS site.
· Models and delivers world-class customer service as an L.L.Bean brand ambassador.
· Resolves ODS service failures partnering with the ODS Field Operations Manager as necessary to ensure a positive customer experience.
Safety and Risk Management:
· Follows all Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) Safety Policies and Protocols and ensures that all Instructors and Outing leaders at their site do as well.
· Ensures that all work is completed in a way that promotes safety and manages risk for self instructors customers and public.
Retail Store Responsibilities:
· Delivers legendary world-class customer service in the retail store.
· Responsible for providing in-store product training for all staff on the equipment department
· Oversees daily replenishment of the equipment department.
Health and Safety Requirement: Every employee is responsible for contributing to a safe and healthy workplace. Employees are expected to be active participants in health and safety by following all safety policies and procedures reporting unsafe conditions or at-risk behaviors to leadership and conducting work in a safe manner. Those in a leadership role are also expected to model safe behaviors evaluate risk and ensure that risks are reduced to acceptable levels.
Education Level: 2-Year Associates Degree
Min Years of Experience: 2
Max Years of Experience: 3
Skills and Qualifications: Overall:
- Associate's degree or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant retail experience
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a retail store environment
- Strong organizational skills with effective communication skills
- Experience in providing coaching and feedback
- Relevant computer systems knowledge and experience required
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm motivation and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in apparel and/or footwear merchandising
Software Powered by iCIMS