As Lead Cashier for L.L.Bean, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. We will entrust you to maintain L.L.Bean tradition and image and provide superior customer service to our customers. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and build your knowledge of all store functions. Your energy, adaptability and excellent leadership skills will help us bring the L.L.Bean brand to life within our store.
Assists store management in promoting sales and providing world-class customer service to support business and department goals. Assigns tasks/jobs to front-line employees. Coordinates work processes and staffing to maximize efficiency and performance. Primary focus is on back-of-house operational activities related to the point of service/sale areas of the store, including cash operations and reconciliation.
Serves as a positive role model for others in driving and maintaining high standards in assigned area while ensuring integrity of the brand:
- May assist in the interviewing process and provide input into hiring decisions.
- Leverages knowledge and strengths to foster growth and development of the team
- May support and train associates, communicating standards and processes, company policies and procedures
- Recommends adjustment to staffing levels/schedules to meet work requirements.
- May address and respond to employee issues/conflicts related to day to day operations within defined parameters in
accordance with company policies and procedures under direction of supervisor.
- May provide in-the-moment input, feedback and coaching. If performance concerns exist, hands off to store management for performance management process.
- Contributes to Peak planning.
Oversees cash activities under direction of store management:
- Performs cash pulls; drawer assignments, preparation of deposits, reconciliation of cash variances; reports and resolves issues of cash variances.
- Signs off on returns, employee purchases, price overrides and post-voids.
- Protects company assets and reports concerns.
- Oversees maintenance of cash wrap area.
Oversees sales activities in assigned area under direction of store management:
- Provides direct service and sales assistance to customers and serves as role model for demonstrating customer service practices consistent with retail goals.
- Observes salesmanship performance and provides coaching for improvement as needed.
- Assumes delegated responsibility for operation of assigned area in absence of other leadership.
- Supports Lead - Sales by staffing front-line reps to meet business needs.
- Liaisons with Client Support to resolve POS issues and systems problems.
Maintains a business awareness of merchandising activities in assigned area:
- Monitors the maintaining of merchandise presentation in keeping with the L.L.Bean image and direction, through use of floor displays, appropriate signage and daily maintenance; provides feedback to Lead - Sales or supervisor.
- Provides input to supervisor to ensure stock levels meet business demand.
- Assists in keeping minimum levels of stock and inventory, reporting inventory discrepancies as necessary.
- Ensures safety, security and cleanliness of sales floor and support areas.
Leads & executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies & procedures.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Systems knowledge/experience
- Prior relevant retail experience
- Strong customer service skills and experience, with focus on customer retention, sales & service
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to productively manage several work efforts at once
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to provide coaching & feedback in a supportive manner
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Must be able to handle currency with accuracy and an attention to detail
- Ability to work a variable schedule including nights, weekends and holidays, you will be part of our year-round workforce and work an average of 20-29 hours/week (1,040-1,508 hrs/yr). Extra hours at peak are expected.
L.L.Bean offers competitive wages, additional pay if working on a holiday, access to 401(k) program, as well as a significant (25-40%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
If you possess the skills and qualifications we are seeking to fill this position, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS