L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L.Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors, a profound believe in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business, the principles of innovation, integrity, service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
As Merchandising Lead for L.L.Bean in our Burlington, VT retail store, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. Satisfy your craving for problem solving in an active, busy job in a great work environment. You'll have the opportunity to use your ability to improve processes and organize to create efficient merchandise receiving and replenishment processes. Develop your leadership skills as you assist the area supervisor in creating a positive, engaged and focused work environment.
Primary focus is on the sales floor maintaining the L.L.Bean Brand. Your greatest impact will be creating a dynamic, positive culture for selling quality merchandise while having fun and delighting our customers, in addition overseeing daily operational activities within the store to meet sales and service goals.
Provide world-class customer service to support business and department goals.
Assist store management in promoting daily sales, merchandising efforts and customer service.
Assign tasks/jobs to front-line employees.
Coordinate work processes and recommends staffing levels to maximize efficiency and performance.
- Delivers legendary world-class customer service
- Coordinates work processes, assigns work to front line employees within assigned area, and
recommends staffing levels
- Provides ongoing training and support to front-line employees
- In partnership with store managers, addresses employee issues/conflicts and provides input, feedback and coaching
to front-line employees
- Assists with interview and hiring processes
- Assumes Leader on Duty responsibilities in absence of store leaders
- Promotes the Learn, Try, Buy and Enjoy experience
- Leads and executes compliance with Loss Prevention policies and procedure
- Drives store sales while achieving service results
- Delivers merchandising results in assigned area (apparel or footwear)
- Executes store specific merchandising, price change and promotional events and seasonal floorset directives
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Associate's degree or equivalent with at least 2 years of relevant retail experience
- Demonstrated customer service experience in a retail store environment
- Strong organizational skills with effective communication skills
- Experience in providing coaching and feedback
- Relevant computer systems knowledge and experience required
- Ability to maintain a high level of enthusiasm, motivation and a positive attitude
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends and holidays
- Previous experience in apparel and/or footwear merchandising
L.L.Bean offers a competitive wage and benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k), vacation, sick and holiday pay as well as a significant (25-40%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
L.L.Bean believes diversity is critical to a team's success and is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS