"Wicked Good” isn’t a term we use lightly – so you can trust us when we say we have some wicked good jobs open at the Ross Park Mall!
We are looking for people who love life and the great outdoors!
Exciting opportunities and a great company to work for! Love of the outdoors is a common thread among our employees, whether they enjoy active outdoor interests or more casual, relaxed weekend activities. And we’re as passionate about Retail Stores as we are about the outdoors. We are embarking on a major store expansion initiative, which will expand our world-famous brand into exciting new markets like Columbus.
We have a winning combination --- A timeless heritage and old fashioned values of trust, respect and integrity combined with a mission of helping individuals and families enjoy the outdoors by offering the latest gear and apparel.
We also have a legendary Guarantee which means working at L.L.Bean is all about satisfying our customers – whether we are selling, stocking or processing a return… we have one goal – deliver World Class Customer Service. And that one simple goal makes it super easy for our reps to take care of our customers.
So, if you are wicked good, we want to meet you! Because of our employees we can use the term wicked good to describe our products, our services, our guarantee and our stores!
As a Seasonal Sales Associate in our retail store in Paramus NJ, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. You will be entrusted to uphold L.L.Bean Brand and heritage and you will learn how to provide L.L.Bean's version of customer service to our customers. You will have the opportunity to provide leadership and build your knowledge of all store functions. Your energy, adaptability and skills will help us bring the L.L.Bean brand to life within our store.
L.L.Bean offers a generous employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
Successful candidates will be able to:
If you possess the skills and qualifications we are seeking to fill this position, please apply by submitting a cover letter and resume.
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization. L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer
Provides world-class customer service within one or more outdoor gear/apparel departments and/or one or more focus areas. Acts as steward of the L.L.Bean brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. Possess and utilize a breadth of services levels, product knowledge and store functionality appropriate for a retail store, and can flex responsibilities according to business needs.
- Drive sales and service in a fast-paced retail environment. Provide world class customer service, engaging and building relationships with customers
- Respond to customer needs with a sense of urgency by assisting multiple customers and promptly responding to and prioritizing service needs while covering multiple areas of the sales floor.
- Demonstrate competence in all store computer systems (e.g. Point of Sale, Product Information System, Front End System) in order to help serve customers as well as collect customer data and feedback
- Drive sales, interest, and excitement around L.L. Bean sponsored initiatives including Outdoor Discovery School programs as well as the L.L. Bean Visa program.
- Protect and project the L.L.Bean brand thorough personal style, product knowledge and participation in L.L.Bean sponsored outdoor activities.
- Maintain company standards of merchandise presentation, back stock organization, signage and display
- Maintain appropriate stock levels to ensure all sizes and styles are represented according to brand standards and guidelines on the sales floor and the stockroom.
May be responsible for light housekeeping duties:
- Vacuum, mop, sweep, and/or spot clean floors & carpet as needed
- Spot clean and/or wash mirrors, doors, windows & glass fixtures
- High/low detail dusting in all areas of building, up to height of 12'
- Clean lavatories & dressing rooms
- Empty trash receptacles & maintain recycling center(s)
- Communicate with internal customers regarding cleaning requests
- Perform special cleaning requests & projects as needed
- Report facility-related problems/concerns to appropriate personnel
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrated passion for providing world-class customer service
- Friendly and outgoing communication style with the ability to engage customers in order to determine their needs, relay product information and drive sales
- Proficiency with computer systems; ability to learn and efficiently use the Point of Sale register and other online systems
- Possesses adaptability and openness to change as business processes change or sales floor needs fluctuate.
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Connected to the brand; has a genuine passion for the outdoors and actively participates in one or more core activities that L.L. Bean supports
Education Level: Level 2 - H.S. or equivalent Experience Level: Level 2 - 6 months to 1 year
Software Powered by iCIMS