Overnight Seasonal Stock Associate- 9:30pm-9:00am
L.L.Bean has been a trusted source for quality apparel, reliable outdoor equipment and expert advice for 100 years. Leon Leonwood Bean (L.L. Bean) founded his business in 1912 on a passion for the outdoors, a profound believe in honesty, and an unwavering commitment to quality and customer satisfaction. Since we opened for business, the principles of innovation, integrity, service and respect have helped develop our brand and fueled our success.
As as Seasonal Stock Associate for L.L.Bean in our Albany, NY retail store, you'll be joining one of the most respected retailers in the country. Satisfy your craving for problem solving in an active, busy job in a great work environment. You'll have the opportunity to use your ability to improve processes and organize to create efficient merchandise receiving and replenishment processes. Develop your leadership skills as you assist the area supervisor in creating a positive, engaged and focused work environment.
Shifts: Monday - Friday typical start time 9:30 pm between 4-8 hours - OR - start time 3am and lasts 4-6 hours.
Available to work 2-3 shifts per week is required - must be able to work 20 hours in the peak weeks; October through January
Provides world-class customer service within one or more outdoor gear/apparel departments and/or one or more focus areas. Acts as steward of the L.L.Bean brand, operates in a professional manner, engages customers, maintains store standards and supports teamwork. Possess and utilize a breadth of services levels, product knowledge and store functionality appropriate for a retail store, and can flex responsibilities according to business needs.
- Receives, processes, sorts & transfers merchandise from stock area to sales floor displays
- Prepares merchandise for floor or liquidation (e.g. tagging/retagging, restocking, verifying prices, processing damaged
- Knows merchandise locations to monitor stock levels and to provide customer assistance
- Maintains appropriate stock levels and ensures all styles and sizes are represented
- Organizes & manages back stock and assists in maintaining store order (e.g. recovering, store moves, fitting rooms).
- Reports signs of dishonest actions by customers/employees or unsafe conditions to store management or Security.
- Adheres to all Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
Health and Safety Requirement: Ensures compliance with the L.L.Bean comprehensive Health and Safety program by knowing and following all safety guidelines, policies, procedures and expectations. Takes immediate and appropriate action to rectify any unsafe conditions.
- Demonstrated passion for providing world-class customer service
- Friendly and outgoing communication style with the ability to engage customers in order to determine their needs, relay product information and drive sales
- Proficiency with computer systems; ability to learn and efficiently use the Point of Sale register and other online systems
- Possesses adaptability and openness to change as business processes change or sales floor needs fluctuate.
- Availability and flexibility to work varied hours to support the needs of the business, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Connected to the brand; has a genuine passion for the outdoors and actively participates in one or more core activities that L.L. Bean supports
Education Level: Level 2 - H.S. or equivalent Experience Level: Level 2 - 6 months to 1 year
- Ability to work overnight 9:30pm-6:00am one to two days a week with the possibility of more hours as based on business need
L.L.Bean offers competitive wages, holiday pay, access to 401(k) program, as well as a significant (25-40%) employee discount. For more details, please refer to the benefits section on our website at www.llbeancareers.com
We recognize the importance of diversity in creating a better world and a stronger organization.
L.L.Bean is an equal opportunity employer.
Software Powered by iCIMS